Zamaze Meatless Beef Veggie Stir Fry
Course: Main Course Cuisine: Asian, Gluten Free, Paleo
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Total Time:35 minutes
- 1 lb defrosted Zamaze Beef
- 2 boxes of Zamaze Beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb asparagus ends trimmed, (or broccoli) sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1 small onion
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 6 oz snap peas
- Cashews to taste
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 scallions
- 1 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Stir Fry Sauce – Suggested
- 1/4 cup tamari, soy or your favorite aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Defrost and thaw first before cooking:
Defrost and thaw Zamaze Beef Shiitake Mushroom. Thaw in refrigerator overnight or on counter top.
- While the Zamaze Beef is defrosting, prepare the vegetables and stir fry sauce.
- Combine all stir fry sauce ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Heat a 12″ cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add half the olive oil. Add half the Zamaze Beef to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and stir fry until charred and medium rare, 3-4 minutes. Remove the Zamaze Beef with tongs, set aside onto a plate, and repeat with the remaining Zamaze Beef. Remove all Zamaze Beef from the skillet once browned.
- Add the second tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and allow to heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and sautee 1 minute. Add the carrots and asparagus and sautee 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the bell pepper and snap peas, toss with the asparagus, carrots, onions and stir fry all vegetables an additional 3 minutes. Be sure to stir and toss frequently.
- Add the Zamaze Beef back to the skillet along with the stir fry sauce. Stir fry, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and the vegetables are bite tender, approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sesame seeds, and serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge in a tightly sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Garnish with scallions and cashews